Today I discuss the top tips I have for those pursuing FI or FIRE.
- Think more about the income your portfolio or investments will produce, and this way you’re not as focused on such a high FI number, especially if you have rental properties, side hustle or other business interest.
- Anticipate earning income in retirement. If you are motivated enough to reach FI, then you’re probably not going to be able to do nothing for 50+ years of retirement.
- Don’t rely on the 4% rule, as this was built for 30-35 year retirement horizons.
- Change your life for the better now!
- If you’re close to FI, you have the flexibility to start something new and build a new life that you can enjoy more than your current one.